We know what women want, which is why we’re interviewing top business savvy women on their top travel essentials.
This week in “What Women Want,” we will be featuring Katherine Gear. Katherine is currently the eCommerce Marketing Manager for six Chicagoland Hyatt Hotels and has been involved in the social space specializing in the travel and hospitality industry for the past several years.
What’s the most unconventional item in your carry-on?
- Earplugs, because you never know how many babies are on board.
At 10,000 feet, what gadget do you reach for?
- My iPad, because I can work or relax with it, usually it’s a combination of both.
What book or e-magazine is currently on your Kindle or iPad?
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, because after Gone Girl I couldn’t get enough of her books.
What is your guilty pleasure purchase at Kiosk before take-off?
- I always grab a smart water, a Women’s Heath magazine and some peanut M&M’s.
If you could create an app to help you with your travels, what would it do?
- It would check you into your flight and hotel automatically once you were near either location, as well as check you out of hotel rooms automatically depending on your departure date and preferred time.
What’s the most recently played downloaded song on your iPod or Spotify?
- “Gone, Gone, Gone” by Phillip Phillips.
Fill in the blank: ORD –> HND
- Although I’ve only been to Tokyo once, I’ve been itching to get back and hope to fly over there for a week or two (or longer, who knows!) in the next year.