We know what women want, which is why we’re interviewing top business savvy women on their top travel essentials.
This week in “What Women Want,” we will be featuring Laura Schwartz, professional motivational speaker and author of the acclaimed book, Eat, Drink & Succeed, How to Climb Your Way to the Top Using the Networking Power of Social Events. Laura was the White House Director of Events for the Clinton Administration where she created and executed more than 1,000 White House Events including State Dinners, America’s Millennium Celebration and NATO’s 50th Anniversary. Laura is a respected television commentator for major networks – CBS News, Fox News Channel, CNN and BBC World News discussing special events, the American perspective and the positive power of partnership and networking. A world-renowned speaker and the founder of White House Strategies (www.WhiteHouseStrategies.com), Laura speaks to Fortune 500 companies, independent businesses, industry associations and nonprofit organizations throughout the country and around the world.
- What’s the most unconventional item in your carry-on?
A few years ago at Christmas, my adorable little cousin Jenna gave me a pin of a guardian angel on a plane that I’ve pinned inside my carry on ever since.
- At 10,000 feet, what gadget do you reach for?
- What book or e-magazine is currently on your Kindle or iPad?
Eat, Drink & Succeed of course, and People Magazine.
- What is your guilty pleasure purchase at Kiosk before take-off?
Twizzlers…the longer the flight, the bigger the bag.
- If you could create an app to help you with your travels, what would it do?
Can’t tell you….in development!
- What’s the most recently played downloaded song on your iPod or Spotify?
“Clarity” by ZED.
- Fill in the blank: ORD à ______